Providing Cardiothoracic & Pulmonary Surgical Services
Cardiothoracic surgery at University of Utah Health is committed to superior patient care, clinical care, and research into diseases confronting our patients. We have a nationally recognized program, which uses the latest in medical technology in all of our cardiothoracic procedures. Due to our wide range of specialists, we are able to diagnose and treat the entire spectrum of cardiac disease. We work together with all of our other specialists in the hospital to ensure the total patient is cared for.
Why We Are Unique
The surgical cardiothoracic team conducts and practices innovative research. Patients who were once thought untreatable have found new hope. We also perform fewer invasive procedures shortening recovery time for our patients. Having more options for cardiothoracic surgery procedures allows the patient to truly make an informed decision regarding his/her treatment.
Services & Procedures
- Adult Congenital Heart Surgery
- Atrial or Ventricular Septal Defect Repair (ASD or VSD)
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG)
- Heart & Lung Transplant
- Lung, Chest, and Esophageal Surgery
- MAZE Procedure for Atrial Fibrillation
- Mechanical Circulatory Support/Ventricular Assist Device (VAD)
- Pectus Excavatum Repair
- Surgical Ventricular Restoration
- Sympathectomy for Hyperhidrosis
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Transmyocardial Laser Revascularization (TMR)
- Valve Replacement or Repair (including Ross procedure)
More news and health information:
Read more posts at the HealthFeed blog.
- Jan 11, 2016
Listen to more Podcasts at University of Utah Health Radio.