Treating Child Airway & Lung Disorders
One of the specialties our pediatric surgeons are trained in is procedures specific to the airway and pulmonary tract (the lungs). These can include treatment of lung malformations and tumors or airway obstructions and congenital abnormalities.
We treat the following conditions and offer the following services:
- Airway obstruction
- Bronchogenic cyst (abnormal cysts found in the part of the chest cavity separating the lungs)
- Congenital tracheal stenosis (airway blocked by scars)
- Empyema (build-up of fluid putting pressure on the lungs)
- Lung abscess & tumors
- Lung malformations
- Pulmonary sequestration (tissue mass in the lung that has no respiratory function and does not interact with the lung systems)
- CCAM or congenital cystic adenomatoid malformation (cystic or solid lung tumor)
- CPAM or congenital pulmonary airway malformation (a lobe of the lung is a non-working piece of abnormal lung tissue)
- Pulmonary emphysema (congenital)
- Tracheomalacia (when the airway is too soft or floppy)
Find a Pediatric Surgeon
Meet Our Patients
Same-Day Pediatric Surgery
Our nationally recognized surgeons and staff provide appointments to diagnose and treat pediatric surgical conditions on the same day. You'll be able to meet with one of our specialists for a consultation in the morning and have your child's procedure completed that same afternoon.
*Same-day surgery currently unavailable due to COVID-19. Please contact us for more information.