Hours & Address
Building a Healthy Lifestyle
Nutrition is one of the building blocks of a healthy lifestyle. South Jordan Health Center offers the services of a qualified dietitian who counsels patients on nutrition and weight management. Create a customized plan for your health by meeting our dietitian today.
Nutrition therapy services include treatment for the following:
- Weight management
- Cardiovascular disease
- High blood pressure
- Gastrointestinal disorders (pancreatitis, irritable bowel syndrome, acid reflux, and the like)
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Celiac disease
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Pediatric nutrition
- Sports nutrition
- Nutrition deficiencies
- Pregnancy, infertility, and polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Sleep apnea
- Wellness and health
- Eating disorders
We offer flexible scheduling options. The dietitians are located on the second floor. The NEW You Program, a wellness and weight management program, is also offered at this location—South Jordan Health Center.
Dietitians Near You
What to Expect from a Dietitian Consultation
During your consultation, your registered dietitian will get a complete picture of the food you eat on a regular basis as well as your relationship with food. Your dietitian will also ask you if you have any food allergies or intolerances as well as what medications and supplements you take.
Your dietitian asks you these questions to help assess your needs. They will help you set goals to create healthy habits.
Resources & Programs for Our Patients
The New You(th) Program
The New You(th) program focuses on nutrition, exercise, and wellness for ages 12-18. Using the latest research, teens will learn to choose and eat nutritious foods, be more active, and create healthier habits for the future. Join us to become a stronger, healthier, more empowered you!
What Is a Registered Dietitian?
A Registered Dietitian (RD) or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) is a food and nutrition expert who has met academic and professional requirements including:
- Earned a bachelor's degree with course work approved by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
- Completed an accredited, supervised practice program at a health care facility, community or foodservice corporation.
- Passed a national examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Completes continuing professional educational requirements to maintain registration on an ongoing basis.
What Is RD Approved?
Registered Dietitian Approved (RD Approved) is a healthy food and beverage initiative at the University of Utah. As a collaboration between Wellness & Integrative Health and Nutrition Care Services, the RD Approved mission is to make the healthy choice the easy choice campus-wide.
This means we're working on increasing the availability and affordability of healthy food and drink options, as well as education around healthy eating habits for our faculty, staff, and students.
Locations of RD-Approved Meals
To make your appointment more convenient, we also offer:
- free Wi-Fi,
- an on-site pharmacy,
- free child care during your appointment, and
- a comfortable lobby with electrical outlets in the furniture so you can charge your device.