Returning to Sports After a Knee Injury
For more information, please contact Heather Bone at:
Our Bridge Back to Sport program promotes a safe and effective return to activity for individuals who have undergone ACL surgery or who have had a previous knee injury. This program bridges the gap between physical therapy and functional/recreational independence. Participants in our program will be guided one-on-one through a comprehensive progression of exercises tailored to their individual needs and specific goals. We provide our services to individuals of all ages and gender.
Through these training sessions, individuals will optimize their level of performance by engaging in exercises that improve their strength, power, flexibility, proprioception (awareness of your body's movement), and mobility. Each of our training sessions last approximately 45 minutes.
Our Bridge Back to Sport program will help you:
- strengthen your surrounding muscle,
- restore your confidence in your knee with return to sport,
- reduce your risk for re-injury,
- improve your movement efficiency,
- improve your balance, and
- enhance your athletic performance.
How to Join Our Program
If you would like to join our program, you must:
- be at least 16 weeks out of surgery and
- have a medical release from your physician.
You can pay for our program out-of-pocket or go through insurance, if it's a covered benefit. For questions about our program or to schedule a training session, please contact us at Heather.Bone@hsc.utah.edu.