What is the Healthy Body-Healthy Heart Program?
The Healthy Body-Healthy Heart Program is a personalized health and lifestyle improvement program designed to fit the individual needs of the patient with a focus on diabetes and heart disease prevention.
Find an Endocrinology or Diabetes Specialist
Why Focus on Prevention?
The lifetime risk for all cardiovascular events affects nearly two out of three Americans. Furthermore, one in three Americans are at risk for developing diabetes.
Who Would Benefit From This Program?
- Adults with any of the following conditions or symptoms:
- Metabolic syndrome or pre-diabetes
- Overweight or obese
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Impaired glucose tolerance or diabetes dyslipidemia
- Uncontrolled hypertension
- Personal history of cardiovascular disease
- Family history of diabetes and/or heart disease
What to Expect From the Program
- Comprehensive fasting laboratory testing and personalized interpretation of those results
- Comprehensive medication assessment
- Health status evaluation
- Physical fitness assessment by an exercise physiologist including:
- Anthropometric and fat composition testing
- Coordination of supervised exercise therapy and lifestyle coaching
- Evaluation of exercise tolerance
- Referrals to other healthcare services may include:
- Sleep medicine
- Counseling services
- Bariatric medicine
- Smoking cessation counseling