Hours & Address
1280 E. Stringham Avenue
Salt Lake City, UT 84106
Well-Woman Exams, Pap Smears, & Primary Care
At University of Utah Health's Sugar House Health Center, our caring medical professionals provide patients with multiple choices for personal gynecologic care and offer an easy-access approach to complete health and wellness care for women. We even offer free child care during your appointment!
As a vital component of our health center, we provide routine and advanced technical care for women, including the following:
- Health and wellness preventive care,
- Pap smears/gynecological cancer screening
- Mammograms/Breast cancer screening,
- Birth control & family planning,
- Menstruation and menopause management,
- Chronic disease management, and
- Complex gynecological conditions
Our multidisciplinary clinic has many different providers who offer these services including internal medicine and family medicine. For more complex gynecological needs, schedule a visit with one of our gynecologists.
Please choose one of the options below to find out more information on each of these specialties and the care they provide for women.
Rapid Access Contraception Clinic (RACC)
Patients visiting the Rapid Access Contraception Clinic (RACC) can receive contraceptive care available, including emergency contraception. The RACC is staffed by various providers at multiple locations who can see patients with urgent needs and concerns about birth control, including new methods, removing devices, or switching methods.
You can see our RACC providers for things like this:
- You need contraception and do not have an established provider you regularly see.
- You need contraception sooner than your normal or established provider has appointments available.
- You are using contraception but are out or nearly out of birth control pills and unable to get a replacement from current provider.
- You need your IUD or Nexplanon implant replaced because it has expired.
The RACC Clinic is to help patients who might be concerned about their current contraceptive options and feel an urgency to receive care.
Programs, Classes, & Resources
5 for Life Screenings
A big part of staying healthy is detecting diseases early. We make it easy for you to get lifesaving tests for heart disease, breast cancer, cervical cancer, skin cancer, and colon cancer in one convenient visit.
7 Domains of Women's Health Podcast
Women's health is so much more than the problems brought to the doctor's office. Dr. Kirtly Parker Jones looks at women's health through the lens of physical, emotional, social, intellectual, financial, environmental, and spiritual health—the seven domains of women's health.
As a new mother, some common postpartum issues you may encounter include discharge, vaginal discomfort, soreness, and bladder leakage. Our specialists don't just care for you before and during pregnancy, but afterward as well.
ASCENT Center for Reproductive & Sexual Health
The center promotes sexual and reproductive health equity through clinical care, research, and education. We serve as a regional resource on reproductive and sexual health, rights, and justice.
Midlife & Menopausal Care
Experiencing hot flashes, vaginal dryness or pain, low sex drive, or other symptoms of perimenopause, menopause, or postmenopause? Learn more about specialized treatment at our Midlife Program.
To make your appointment more convenient, we also offer:
- free Wi-Fi,
- an on-site pharmacy,
- free child care during your appointment, and
- a comfortable lobby with electrical outlets in the furniture so you can charge your device.
Free Child Care
Child care issues should never prevent you from getting to the doctor and getting the health care you need. We offer free child care for patients during their appointment.