Hours & Address
Well-Child Visits, Immunization Shots, & Comprehensive Children's Health Care
The Sugar House Health Center offers convenient and accessible pediatric care for children of all ages, from infants to adolescents (up until age 18). Our highly trained and board-certified physicians develop one-on-one relationships with parents and families so you can feel comfortable with your child’s doctor. We encourage regular checkups so your child can stay healthy.
We have a team of providers that can care for your child: family and internal medicine (IM/PED) providers and, of course pediatricians.
Pediatric Services & Treatments
- routine wellness exams,
- immunization shots and booster shots,
- on-site breastfeeding visits and support,
- injury treatments,
- sick visits, and
- personalized counseling.
Chronic Conditions We Treat
We also help treat and manage the following chronic conditions:
- abdominal complaints,
- feeding difficulties,
- growth and development concerns, and
- sleep problems.
Convenient Blood Tests & Labs Directly in Your Exam Room
When your child isn’t feeling well, we know how hard it can be to take him or her to another building or even another floor to get the tests he or she needs. If your child needs blood tests or other lab work, your child can get these done during their appointment, directly inside the exam room.
Find a Provider at Sugar House
Our Family Medicine Residents
Our family medicine residents are doctors who are completing their training under the supervision of our board-certified providers. These caring and competent doctors are well-qualified to care for your kids. A faculty physician is at the clinic with the residents at all times and may join a resident during your visit to answer any questions or provide additional expertise. You can view each of our resident doctor profiles below.
What to Expect at Your Appointment
Well-child checkups are something you should schedule for your child at least once a year. Well-child checks ensure your child is meeting important developmental milestones and that their health is on track. When you bring your child to an appointment, you can expect us to do these things:
- Give your child a physical exam and regular screenings.
- If needed, give your child vaccinations (immunizations and booster shots).
- Make sure they meet milestones in growth, behavior, and skills.
- Diagnose and treat your child's illnesses, infections, injuries, and other health problems.
- Conduct health screenings for preventative medicine.
- Give you information about your child's health, safety, nutrition, and fitness needs.
- Answer your questions about their growth and development.
- Refer you to specialists if we think your child needs specialized care.
Where Are We Located Inside Sugar House Health Center?
We are located on the 3rd floor of the building. When you arrive at our clinic, our staff will help guide you where to go.
On-Site Pharmacists, Child and Family Social Workers, & Pediatric Care Managers
To make your appointment more convenient, we also offer:
- free Wi-Fi,
- an on-site pharmacy,
- free child care during your appointment, and
- a comfortable lobby with electrical outlets in the furniture so you can charge your device.